Thursday, June 14, 2012

Making Time For Yarn: The Sample Knit Saga

I was super excited when Lucinda asked me if I wanted to knit up a store sample this past weekend. I jumped at the opportunity to play with some new yarn-- for business reasons, of course... She let me pick the pattern from her massive in store library (in both French and English,) and after much deliberation I went with my first inspiration-- the Shattered Sun Shawl designed by Felicia Lo.

Shattered Sun Shawl

I know that no one will believe me, but this pattern coincidentally calls for the exact same yarn that I have been drooling over since the very first time I saw it. I couldn't believe my luck! So now I am the happy knitter of some delicious Sweet Georgia Yarns CashSilk Lace. Such an amazing cashmere silk blend, the fabric actually somehow feels like butter in my hands...

Tourmaline CashSilk

Between my Etsy store and family, I don't have a lot of time to knit these days, but I am now totally motivated to make it a priority. After all, every Peacock needs to have some "ME" time to keep her feathers unruffled and perky. It's time for this birdie to start preening! If you want to follow along with my progress, you can check out my Ravelry project page. And of course, if you just want to catch the highlights, stick around or subscribe to my blog-- I'll keep ya' posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment